forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: on the SVG tool post from Betrand [OT]
Date Mon, 04 Nov 2002 14:45:38 GMT
(sorry about being OT, the discussion started on cocoon-dev and magically
moved here ;-)

On Monday 04 November 2002 15:38, Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>. . .
> Ok. I think there must be some misunderstanding here since I didn't read
> Bertrand's original post and so don't know exactly what he's looking for.
>. . .

I was talking about allowing *editable drawings* to work on concepts and
design on the wiki, see
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=103622657919912&w=2

>. . .Note : I don't want to start a SVG against Flash flame, but just show
> that in an XML world, SVG rocks on the client side if you accept to use
> Adobe's plugin.
>. . .

Which does not exist for Linux IIRC?

I'd go for a JDK 1.1 applet if possible. "Universal accesibility" is more
important than SVG in this case I think, see my notes
at http://outerthought.net/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=GraphicalWikiDream

-Bertrand