forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Carles Canellas <ccanell...@yahoo.es>
Subject Docbook in forrest (was RE:Uber Document Splitting)
Date Mon, 04 Nov 2002 10:06:31 GMT
I know there was a discussion about using docbook in
forrest or not. The resolution was not using it.

But there's a need for some people to use docbook
without losing the information that a translation via
XSLT to the forrest's dtd will produce.

My solution was, in my skin, to change the xslt
stylesheets to use docbook instead of the forrest
dtd's. It implied some changes in the sitemap too, in
some library stylesheets, in the ant to allow own
defined library override the default ones, and also in
the css to reflex the way the docbook elements I want
to appear.

I can give a summary of changes, in order to create a
document "using other xml-doc in Forrest".

I think that Forrest will improve with a xml-source
independence, putting in the hands of the user to
decide the use of the dtd gived by default or the one
preferred, for example docbook.

=====
Carles Canellas.
VicerTec S.L.