forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Frans Morre" <Frans.Mo...@pandora.be>
Subject Re: New Apache XML Site! :-)
Date Mon, 04 Nov 2002 05:28:08 GMT
On 30 Oct 2002 15:59:51 +0100, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> NS4 users could be told to upgrade ...

Not quite that simple for Netscape users on other than Windows
platforms. On OS/2, Mozilla is coming along fine but it chokes on pages
Netscape v4.61 still renders fine, so quite some people keep using it,
sometimes as an alternative to Mozilla. Lynx and Opera browsers also
have a following on OS/2, and I would suggest to include those in
compatibility testing as well, since they too are multiplatform.

I don't mind the use of CSS and some esthetic differences on less used
browsers, but all pages should be usable without information loss.