forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Uber Document Splitting
Date Sat, 02 Nov 2002 04:32:52 GMT
Hi,

Just say I wanted to develope a complete guide to MyMagic as one large
document. Then different presentation forms would arrange it differently
according to their specific requirements.

For example, lets say I adopt docbook that has chapters and sections. I would
potentially want the following generated...

For PDF:
/MyMagic.pdf

For Html:
/toc.html
/intro.html
/chapter1.html
/chapter2.html

or potentially
/toc.html
/intro.html
/chapter1/section1.html
/chapter1/section2.html
/chapter1/section3.html
/chapter2/section1.html

or whatever. For an example of this in action see the following which I is
generated from docbook via cocoon.

http://jakarta.apache.org/avalon/developing/index.html

I guess my question is, will Forrest support this kind of behaviour? If so
what DTD for the uber guide would you recomend. Docbook seems to crush most
xml editors that I know of so there may be a lighter version that I could
use?

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald