forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Keiron Liddle <kei...@aftexsw.com>
Subject Re: Forresbot WANTED
Date Fri, 29 Nov 2002 08:45:10 GMT
On Fri, 2002-11-29 at 09:27, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> > So newer versions will work. The patch cannot be applied to cocoon cvs
> > as fop releases are coming from a branch.
> >
> > So how can we proceed. I would like it to be using fop cvs but this is
> > not really feasible at the moment.
>
> Why?
>
> Cocoon 2.1 is in alpha.

alpha+alpha makes a bit of a difference.

> If the patch works and fixes the problem, personally I have no problem
> in patching current Cocoon HEAD (and Forrest). Personally that is, we
> should hear others... with these versions, what are the problems that
> instead come up? Are they stable enough?

It works fine for me (with fop docs), but not really extensively tested.
What about people with other stylesheets which might expose problems and
things like Korean language with embedded fonts, this will definitely
not work at the moment.

We certainly want to work on these things (feedback etc.) but it is hard
to say when it will be stable enough for general use.

(damn reply-to bug :/)