forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Keiron Liddle <kei...@aftexsw.com>
Subject Re: Forresbot WANTED
Date Fri, 29 Nov 2002 08:24:04 GMT
On Fri, 2002-11-29 at 03:59, Jeff Turner wrote:
> > >fop-site doesn't work.  From the command-line is goes into an infinite
> > >loop:
> > What was the fact that they had to patch things to get it workin?
>
> Dunno.. Keiron?  Anything that can be rolled back into Forrest?

The patches do two things:
- add pdf bookmarks to pdf documents and some other minor fo changes
- enable cocoon to work with cvs fop

Along with that I use cvs versions of fop, cocoon and batik (or at least
batik 1.5beta4).

The error you are getting is from a particular version of batik (and
possibly some other libs). There is also that problem where batik closes
the stream when creating png and cocoon dies.

You could use the minor fo changes but it won't fix the problem.

So newer versions will work. The patch cannot be applied to cocoon cvs
as fop releases are coming from a branch.

So how can we proceed. I would like it to be using fop cvs but this is
not really feasible at the moment.

Keiron.