forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>
Subject forrestbot FORREST_HOME problem
Date Wed, 27 Nov 2002 17:24:49 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to use the forrestbot (and have it running now), but I
stumbled upon the following problem.

The forrestbot script (from the generated shbat/bin directory) sets the
FORREST_HOME to `dirname "$0"`/.. , which in my case results in ./..
(I'm starting the forrestbot script from the shbat/bin directory, using
bash shell in Linux).

The fact that this is a relative path causes trouble further on in the
bot process (more specifically when using the "local-copy" type of
get-src, because it will then execute the forrest.build.xml from another
working directory).

Anyhow, setting FORREST_HOME myself and disabling the line
"FORREST_HOME=`dirname "$0"`/.." in the forrestbot script solves this.

So to fix this, we should probably check if the FORREST_HOME is set and
if not either display an error message or set it to some default (but
then one that at least works for some). Opinions?

Regards,

Bruno

bruno@outerthought.org