forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 0.2.1 release?
Date Sun, 24 Nov 2002 23:48:18 GMT
Jeff Turner wrote:
> Steven Noels wrote:
<snip/>

> > and triggered an update of the live site with the new download & issues
> > management location
>
> Thanks.  I'm halfway through adding an entry to the xml-site news page.
<snip/>

> > do we care to send out an announcement mail? Jeff?
>
> Depends on how often we want to be making 0.0.x releases.  IMO we should
> make them as frequently as possible, and with correspondingly little
> fuss.

I too think that we should release as frequently as possible.
We should use announcments sparingly, just for special
occasions like major version releases or a crucial bugfix.

We should definitely add every release to the x.a.o/news.html
and announce to our own list. The News page is where we will
get new users and exposure. (This would also encourage other
projects, as i see that news is quite stale.)

--David