forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: Adding components to forrest?
Date Tue, 19 Nov 2002 07:17:50 GMT
Jeff Turner wrote:
> Peter Donald wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Just say I wanted to write custom generators to forrest - can I do it
> > (without modifiying the forrest install)?
>
> Yes, just add the extra jar in ${project.lib-dir}, by default
> src/documentation/lib, and add the generator to the project sitemap in
> src/documentation/sitemap.xmap.  I can send an example offlist if you
> like.

Wow, that is simple. This sounds like a Forrest How-to doc is
brewing. If i wanted to add Lucene to conduct searching then
i presume that i would do the same thing.

I gather that an entry would need to be added to the cocoon.xconf
in Forrest as well.

Would you please send your example to the list so we can all see.

> > Essentially what I want to do is be able to point at a java source file
> > that gets processed by qdox.sourceforge.net and outputs some custom
> > xml. The code is already written but only works from command line. What
> > I would like to do is get it working inside forrest so that everytime I
> > rebuild the descriptions of components are regenerated and crosslinked.
>
> Sounds useful..

Yes, it also sounds like something that could be a core Forrest
capability.

--David