forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: Jira for Forrest?
Date Mon, 18 Nov 2002 04:25:57 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:
<snip/>

> Remaining questions:
>
> - someone must be assigned to the 'project lead' role, and I start to
> appreciate the no-role-account policy Brian has for ASF-infrastructure.
> So who would be willing to step forward? It doesn't mean anything - just
> that your name is displayed at
> http://issues.cocoondev.org/jira/secure/Dashboard.jspa, and perhaps some
> people will be bugging you directly - but we are used to that already.

How about "Private Forrest Gump" ... seriously.
His email address could be forrest-dev@

> - is it OK if I add a link to our Jira instance to the website
> (http://issues.cocoondev.org/jira/secure/BrowseProject.jspa?id=10000)

When it works and it is ready for action, yes.

> - we need to come up with a list of components and versions - any ideas?

This could be based on "functional" areas of concern. This is
also something that we need to address for solving the issues of
"over-documentation".

> - anyone willing to co-administer Jira - adding components, versions,
> etc - I would like to have some decent geograpically dispersion so that
> administrators are 'on call' where- and whenever the sun shines.

Could we just have all committers to be the administrators?

--David