forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: [RT] Getting rid of the table-based layout
Date Wed, 13 Nov 2002 11:18:05 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:
> Miles Elam wrote:
>
> > Hi all!
> >
> > Okay, I finally had enough free time to work on a CSS version of
> > http://xml.apache.org/forrest/
>  >
>  > The mockup is at http://forrest.iguanacharlie.com/
>  >

> Awesome work. This should be translated in a skin.
>
> All: please cross-check with your favorite browser/OS and tell Miles
> what you think. If it degrades gracefully, we could consider this making
> the default.

Here are shots of Mozilla and Netscape (4.79) on Linux.
http://cvs.apache.org/~crossley/look/

However, i think that the most important thing is not the "look",
but how the result performs against "Standards Compliance".
http://xml.apache.org/forrest/compliance.html

If they want to use an older browser, then they have to suffer
the poorer appearance.

--David