forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: doc that warns about known future changes
Date Wed, 13 Nov 2002 10:40:11 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> > Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> >>With the convert stuff I haven't broken anything, and have followed IIUC
> >>David's suggestion.
> >>

> >>David Crossley wrote:
> >>[...]
> >>                                                ^^^^^^^^^^^
> >>
> >>Do you read the mails? :-|
> >>
> >>There is no migration path, they are simply different things.
> >>Eventually we will use that instead of what is in the library but not
> >>now. CVS is not sacred, I won't commit things just when I've done with
> >>it, because it's wrong.
> >>
> >>As for the sitemap, I've reverted it.
> >

> > I gather that you are talking about the revert
> > of the /content/xdocs/ stuff. Is that reversion
> > reflected in status.xml now? It looks like the wrong
> > action has been hidden.
>
> Hmmm, Jeff IIRC removed it... you mean we should keep track of all
> actions and reverts?

Hell no, not at all necessary.

Look at status.xml ... The <change><action> about /convert/
has been hidden, whereas i see that your sitemap revert
was about the next item in <status><changes> ...
----
   <release version="0.2rc1" date="2002-11-13">
      <!--
    <action dev="NKB" type="update" context="utils">
      Added a convert dir in the resources with stylesheets
      and buildfile to help convert Anakia and Maven-based sites.
     </action>
     -->
    <action dev="NKB" type="update" context="webapp">
      Now Forrest will look for xdocs in the content dir first,
      and fallback to the legacy xdocs dir.
    </action>
----