forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject doc that warns about known future changes
Date Wed, 13 Nov 2002 10:19:57 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> Steven Noels wrote:
> > Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> >> Are you volunteering?
> >
> > Nope.
> >
> > And I'll feel bad if David has to play housemaid once again.
> >
> > Let's make this a rule: if you break stuff or add new things which make
> > existing things obsolete, you have to provide a migration path or clean
> > up yourself.
>
> With the convert stuff I haven't broken anything, and have followed IIUC
> David's suggestion.
>

> David Crossley wrote:
> [...]
>  > so it seems better to me to have src/resources/convert
>                                                 ^^^^^^^^^^^
>  > with type-specific sub-dirs to hold all of their resources,
>  > e.g. /maven/*.xsl, /maven/build.xml, etc.). Otherwise
>  > we will need strange filenames to distinguish each.
>
> Do you read the mails? :-|
>
> There is no migration path, they are simply different things.
> Eventually we will use that instead of what is in the library but not
> now. CVS is not sacred, I won't commit things just when I've done with
> it, because it's wrong.
>
> As for the sitemap, I've reverted it.

I gather that you are talking about the revert
of the /content/xdocs/ stuff. Is that reversion
reflected in status.xml now? It looks like the wrong
action has been hidden.

> > When I'll be fixing DTDs soon, I'll make sure to live by the same rule.
> >
> > </Steven>

It sounds like we need a document that lists the things that
we know are going to change in future releases, e.g. moving
some relevant *.xsl from resources/library/xslt/ into
resources/convert/

--David