forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Keiron Liddle <kei...@aftexsw.com>
Subject Re: PNG's in PDF
Date Mon, 11 Nov 2002 09:28:05 GMT
On Sat, 2002-11-09 at 21:24, Ross Gardler wrote:
> Quite some time ago I knocked together the FO xsl stylesheets. However,
> I was unable to get images to work due to problems in FOP with
> filepaths. I am now revisiting thes stylesheets as I need images.
>
> In looking for a solution I (naturally) found myself at the FOP site,
> and to my surprise found that their PDF's show images (for example,
> http://xml.apache.org/fop/index.pdf).
> I've looked in their CVS and they don't appear to be using a custom skin
> and there are no tricks (that I can see) in the sitemap. So how do they
> do it? A possible hint is own their home page which states "The PDF
> files on this site are created using current CVS."

It does use current fop cvs, but there is a patch to cocoon that is "on
my hard drive" (TM). I am thinking about where to put it (I am open to
bribes to make me think faster).
It doesn't work on the command line, I'm not sure what the problem is,
something to do with cocoon I think.
You will need Jimi to get png's to work.

There is also a patch to forrest to get the bookmarks and some other
minor improvements when using fop cvs.

Keiron