forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] New site stats
Date Sat, 09 Nov 2002 08:35:39 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> Hi Forresters,
>
> We discussed a bit (with Steven) about building apache
> projects/hosts/etc stats, which is one of the tasks for the Forrest, so
> I guess this announcement is not completely offtopic on this list.
>
> I'd like to announce a page I put together which to show off some of the
> stats which I was able to extract from the log files (with minimum
> memory consumption). These stats in no sence are complete or correct,
> but an attemp to build complete and correct stats.

Brilliant stuff Vadim.

> URL for the page is:
>   http://www.apache.org/~vgritsenko/stats/index.html
>
> Images are updated daily (and some of them - weekly), at night. Site is
> statically generated using Forrest.
>
> Please take a look and send your suggestions, opinions, flames.

I would like the Warning to be extended to say something like:
"As with any statistics, you must take care with interpretation."

Is it possible while the stats are being generated, that
some other information can be accumulated and stored as daily
summaries? e.g. project downloads.

There was some discussion on this in Forrest's early days
and a DTD was partially developed. Here is one pointer
 Graph data
 http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=101432422003463

--David