forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: Something is breraking my build
Date Fri, 08 Nov 2002 03:15:27 GMT
On Fri, 2002-11-08 at 13:46, Jeff Turner wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 08, 2002 at 10:45:45AM +1100, Peter Donald wrote:
> > On Fri, 8 Nov 2002 10:31, Ross Gardler wrote:
> > > This is where I get a bit hazy as to what I have done as there are a
> > > number of changes to my sitemap and image files etc in order to get the
> > > SVG to work. But in both cases the same thing has happened, eventually
> > > the site won;t build complaining of a missing index.html.
> > >
> > > Of course the first thing I have done to rectify the problem is ensur
> > > that I haven't broken the sitemap, so I remove my custom one. But this
> > > makes no difference. I have checked that my xdocs are still OK (they
> > > are) and that they are copied into the context directory (they are).
> > > Everything seems normal except it won't build.
> > >
> > > The tail of the output from forrest is copied below. Has anyone seen
> > > this behaviour before, is it too late at night for me to see what on
> > > earth I am doing wrong?
> >
> > That happened to me all the time when I broke one of the xslt sheets. Make
> > sure that all your xslts are valid. The content xmls, skinconfig and sitemap
> > should be validated for you. However the xslts (and supporting resources?)
> > will not give you a warning if they are broken.
>
> They will with recent versions of Forrest, which validate skin XSLTs.

I know that Forrest intends to, but i wonder if it is
actually doing this validation. We should see the message:
...validated stylesheet
from the Ant target 'validate-stylesheets:'
However, i am not seeing it with my build. Also, i tried
to deliberately break a stylesheet, but i do not see a
validation error. I am currently investigating this.
--David