forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: Where to put additional stuff in the Forrest CVS?
Date Fri, 08 Nov 2002 00:00:20 GMT
Jeff Turner wrote:
> Steven Noels wrote:
> > Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> > >
> > >I have xsl files to transform Maven-like DTDs to Forrest DTD, with their
> > >own ant buildfile, and I happened to be puzzeled over where to commit them.
> >
> > Those would be used by CAP pipelines which we will implement for a
> > customer after the GetTogether.
> >
> > >Under src/resources we have resources like /library, charts, etc/, but
> > >basically "modules" like /editor, forrestbar, and now conversion/.
> >
> > How about src/resources/library/xslt ?
>
> +1
>
> > Or maybe have a semantical grouping underneath, like:
> >
> > src/resources/library/xslt/
> >                            maven
> >                            docbook
> >                            wiki
> >                            util
> >                            forrest
>
> There is typically only one *2document.xsl stylesheet per format..

I would rather the grouping idea. Sometimes there will be
a multi-stage conversion. Cocoon (a.k.a document-v10) has
a few already in /xslt/ i.e. changesv10tochangesv11.xsl,
docv10todocv11.xsl, faqv10tofaqv11.xsl

Such stylesheets are specifically for a certain purpose,
so it seems better to me to have src/resources/convert
with type-specific sub-dirs to hold all of their resources,
e.g. /maven/*.xsl, /maven/build.xml, etc.). Otherwise
we will need strange filenames to distinguish each.

--David