forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: Skinning
Date Thu, 07 Nov 2002 06:48:59 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> > Jeff Turner wrote:
>
> >> All: as a policy for maintaining/hosting skins, how about we
> >> have these two conditions:
> >>  - It must be used in a live, active project
> >>  - At least one Forrest committer must 'sponsor' it, volunteering to
> >>    update it when external files (skinconf, sitemap) change.
> >
> > +1
>
> +1
>
> >> Ie, I'd like to get rid of avalon-site, basic, jakarta-site and
> >> xml-apache-site, and just have forrest-site and avalon-tigris.
> >

> > We already had voted to remove those skins so IMHO you can just
> > kill them.
>
> +1
>
> > Just keep "basic" around, because I found out that it's used already to
> > understand how skinning works.
>
> ... and David kind-of maintains it.

No he does not. The Forrest project said that *they* maintain
the "forrest-site" skin and the "basic" skin. All that i have
done with "basic" in the past, was to try to get it into a
useable state. It has become way out-of-sync now.

I vote +1 on Jeff's proposed skin policy above (with Nicola Ken's
proviso that we keep basic). However, i do not personally
volunteer to maintain either of those two Forrest skins. That is
a job for all of forrest-dev. We must ensure that both skins
reflect the current state of things.

In another thread, some people said that they would work on
a table-less skin. Perhaps that should eventually replace
"basic".

We should state the skin policy in documentation somewhere.
Does anyone know where?
--David