forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: sync various descriptions of Forrest
Date Mon, 04 Nov 2002 08:31:33 GMT
Jeff Turner wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> > <snip/>
> > >
> > > Here is the current draft:
> > >  "Forrest is an XML standards-oriented project documentation
> > >   framework based on Apache Cocoon, providing XSLT stylesheets
> > >   and schema, images and other resources. Forrest uses these to
> > >   render the XML source content into a website via command-line,
> > >   robot, or a dynamic web application. Start with a small static
> > >   site and grow to a dynamic application."
> > >
> > > Issues:
> > > 1) Is it getting too long?
>
> Maybe we should drop the last line.. it really needs a separate
> paragraph.

Yes, i wondered about that too. I agree, i will add that into the
second paragraph.

> > > 2) "schema" is a singular word, "schemata" is the proper plural,
> > > but it sounds like a disease or a religious affliction. Is there
> > > a better term? I am trying to avoid specific terms like DTD,
> > > WXS, or XML Schema (when they mean W3C XML Schema). One other
> > > choice is "grammar".
> >
> > This is still an outstanding issue. Any suggestions?
>
> schemas?
>
> There was a massive XML-DEV thread about schemas vs schemata.
> I can't remember which side won.

If anyone is interested then Google found it. This link
will dump you in the middle of two threads on the topic.
 http://lists.xml.org/archives/xml-dev/200106/threads.html#01024

I tried, but emerged as a blithering wreck.