forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: XML validation
Date Mon, 04 Nov 2002 04:39:06 GMT
Jeff Turner wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> > Jeff Turner wrote:
> > > David Crossley wrote:
> > <snip>
> > >
> > > Good stuff..  I'll write a tabs.xml validator too, since I had to loosen
> > > the DTD contract to support @href.

> > > 'validate' target perhaps? :)
> >
> > I tried there, but i think that i found that it needed
> > to happen earlier in the build.
>
> I've changed forrest.build.xml so 'validate' is called earlier, and then
> moved the RNG stuff into it.  Seems to work okay..

No it doesn't. It was better where i had it.

Try deliberately breaking your project's skinconf.xml
then 'forrest' command reports some un-intelligible errors
at 'load-project-props' target. The conf file gets validated
by RELAX NG later on. Too late. That is why it was at
'init-props' target.

--David