forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: XML validation
Date Sat, 02 Nov 2002 10:39:10 GMT
Jeff Turner wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> > Excellent work Jeff. I am itching to try it out.
> >
> > I do not know if you are on cocoon-dev, but we have
> > been experimenting with RELAX NG validation (via Ant
> > at build-time) of the main config files, and perhaps
> > later with xdocs.
> >
> > We have often discussed RNG here on forrest-dev. Should we
> > have multiple validation systems in Forrest? I think so.
>
> Definitely.  Switching on validation is likely to highlight the drawbacks
> of using DTDs.  For instance, I found that half my docs don't validate
> because I'm using XInclude <xi:include> tags.  I'm highly in favour of
> adding RNG schema tests, since we can do much stricter validation.

I commenced the RELAX NG validation stuff. For starters
it is doing skinconf.xml

I am not sure where to put it in the build. At the moment
it is in target "init-props". Later we will probably want to
validate other things, so somewhere different may be better.

Also i was not sure whether to put the Jing jar into
lib/optional or lib/core, so i opted for the latter.

Anyway it works.

--David