forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Diana Shannon <shan...@apache.org>
Subject build times
Date Wed, 20 Nov 2002 18:15:08 GMT
Having worked with a Forrest setup for Cocoon, I was wondering how we
can decrease the build time. It took me (on OSX 10.1 JVM 1.3.1) 30
minutes to build the docs statically. Removing the pdf links (which
prevents pdf generation) still took  24 minutes. I realize build times
are somewhat irrelevant for bots, but, I fear committers won't preview
their doc changes if build times are so long.

Is this all because of the Cocoon command line? Do we have any options?
Or have I overlooked some important configuration detail (e.g.
cocoon.xconf). Or perhaps a problem with my setup.

Thanks.

Diana