forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "IAS" <iasan...@apache-korea.org>
Subject RE: [problem] xdocs validator doesn't support Korean characters
Date Tue, 26 Nov 2002 12:42:48 GMT
First of all, I'd appreciate your effort on testing. I was surprised
that your Forrest validated my xdocs as "OK" because I've been still
going through validation problems with Forrest validator to my xdocs.
It's even stranger that your validator and mine made distinct results
based on the same xdocs. The only essential discrepancy between jEdit
(that says all my xdocs are valid) and Forrest (that says some of my
xdocs are invalid) ant task is the choice of Reader, i.e., StringReader
and FileReader. I just suspect that Sun's Korean-locale (and other DBCS)
JRE works slightly different from that of default English-locale in
terms of FileReader or some relevant to XML processing.

Notwithstanding this hard-to-understand situation, I resolved this
trouble with "enough" new lines at the (almost) every end of closing
tags in xdocs. Therefore, I can show Chinese, Japanese, and Korean
Forresters an alternative: Don't spare typing enters before closing a
tag. For example,

<li>An Item</li>
(Should be valid but invalid in Forrest on Korean JRE)
->
<li>An Item
</li>
(valid in Forrest on Korean JRE)

It's just a piece of recommendation for CJK Forresters (only). I wish it
could help out.

IAS

P.S. Another conclusion: it's not a fault of Forrest. :-)