forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>
Subject Re: New Apache XML Site! :-)
Date Mon, 28 Oct 2002 09:00:48 GMT

> > The cron script is broken, and it didn't copy the files.
> > I have copied the missing files manually, all is ok now.

> could you provide us with a copy of that script that cvs-synchonizes
> between icarus & daedalus the xml-site/-forrest module?

One thing I am using for some other sites is a change in the cvs commit
structure so that changes are auto propagated.

I am not sure this is a good idea from a security perspective - but it may
be worth giving something like this a bit of thoughd.

Dw

rough and ready receipe.

1.	Make sure that the www docroot is group writable
	for the committing developers.
2.	Add a line to loginfo along the lines of
	www-asemantics.com $CVSROOT/CVSROOT/www_update.sh asemantics.com %s
3.	Add a script to CVSROOT 'www_update.sh'.
4.	Add the name of the script to
	checkoutlist
5.	in www_update.sh make sure you *first* do the usual
	log_accum.pl/sh, then you detach and do a delayed
	cvs update in the docroot.
	#!/bin/sh
	SITE=$1;shift
	$CVSROOT/CVSROOT/log_accum.pl $@
	# Need to detachs to allow the lock
	# to return
	(
        	sleep 5
        	cd /usr/local/www/data/$SITE || exit 1
        	cvs update -P -d
	) &

--g9SLTOtl000622.1035840571/mobile.webweaving.org--

> > The cron script is broken, and it didn't copy the files.
> > I have copied the missing files manually, all is ok now.

> could you provide us with a copy of that script that cvs-synchonizes
> between icarus & daedalus the xml-site/-forrest module?

One thing I am using for some other sites is a change in the cvs commit
structure so that changes are auto propagated.

I am not sure this is a good idea from a security perspective - but it may
be worth giving something like this a bit of thoughd.

Dw

rough and ready receipe.

1.	Make sure that the www docroot is group writable
	for the committing developers.
2.	Add a line to loginfo along the lines of
	www-asemantics.com $CVSROOT/CVSROOT/www_update.sh asemantics.com %s
3.	Add a script to CVSROOT 'www_update.sh'.
4.	Add the name of the script to
	checkoutlist
5.	in www_update.sh make sure you *first* do the usual
	log_accum.pl/sh, then you detach and do a delayed
	cvs update in the docroot.
	#!/bin/sh
	SITE=$1;shift
	$CVSROOT/CVSROOT/log_accum.pl $@
	# Need to detachs to allow the lock
	# to return
	(
        	sleep 5
        	cd /usr/local/www/data/$SITE || exit 1
        	cvs update -P -d
	) &

--g9SLTOtl000622.1035840571/mobile.webweaving.org--

--g9SLX1UB000646.1035840786/mobile.webweaving.org--

> [...]

	for the committing developers.
2.	Add a line to loginfo along the lines of
	www-asemantics.com $CVSROOT/CVSROOT/www_update.sh asemantics.com %s
3.	Add a script to CVSROOT 'www_update.sh'.
4.	Add the name of the script to
	checkoutlist
5.	in www_update.sh make sure you *first* do the usual
	log_accum.pl/sh, then you detach and do a delayed
	cvs update in the docroot.
	#!/bin/sh
	SITE=$1;shift
	$CVSROOT/CVSROOT/log_accum.pl $@
	# Need to detachs to allow the lock
	# to return
	(
        	sleep 5
        	cd /usr/local/www/data/$SITE || exit 1
        	cvs update -P -d
	) &

--g9SLTOtl000622.1035840571/mobile.webweaving.org--

--g9SLX1UB000646.1035840786/mobile.webweaving.org--

--g9SLbDU7000675.1035841038/mobile.webweaving.org--
ReSent-Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 22:40:27 +0100 (CET)
ReSent-From: Dirk-Willem van Gulik <dirkx@webweaving.org>
ReSent-To: forrest-dev@xml.apache.org
ReSent-Subject: Re: New Apache XML Site! :-)
ReSent-Message-ID: <Pine.OSX.4.44.0210282240270.663@mobile.webweaving.org>

> [...]

	for the committing developers.
2.	Add a line to loginfo along the lines of
	www-asemantics.com $CVSROOT/CVSROOT/www_update.sh asemantics.com %s
3.	Add a script to CVSROOT 'www_update.sh'.
4.	Add the name of the script to
	checkoutlist
5.	in www_update.sh make sure you *first* do the usual
	log_accum.pl/sh, then you detach and do a delayed
	cvs update in the docroot.
	#!/bin/sh
	SITE=$1;shift
	$CVSROOT/CVSROOT/log_accum.pl $@
	# Need to detachs to allow the lock
	# to return
	(
        	sleep 5
        	cd /usr/local/www/data/$SITE || exit 1
        	cvs update -P -d
	) &

--g9SLTOtl000622.1035840571/mobile.webweaving.org--

--g9SLX1UB000646.1035840786/mobile.webweaving.org--
ReSent-Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 22:36:09 +0100 (CET)
ReSent-From: Dirk-Willem van Gulik <dirkx@webweaving.org>
ReSent-To: forrest-dev@xml.apache.org, Sam Ruby <rubys@apache.org>
ReSent-Subject: Re: New Apache XML Site! :-)
ReSent-Message-ID: <Pine.OSX.4.44.0210282236090.663@mobile.webweaving.org>

> > The cron script is broken, and it didn't copy the files.
> > I have copied the missing files manually, all is ok now.

> could you provide us with a copy of that script that cvs-synchonizes
> between icarus & daedalus the xml-site/-forrest module?

One thing I am using for some other sites is a change in the cvs commit
structure so that changes are auto propagated.

I am not sure this is a good idea from a security perspective - but it may
be worth giving something like this a bit of thoughd.

Dw

rough and ready receipe.

1.	Make sure that the www docroot is group writable
	for the committing developers.
2.	Add a line to loginfo along the lines of
	www-asemantics.com $CVSROOT/CVSROOT/www_update.sh asemantics.com %s
3.	Add a script to CVSROOT 'www_update.sh'.
4.	Add the name of the script to
	checkoutlist
5.	in www_update.sh make sure you *first* do the usual
	log_accum.pl/sh, then you detach and do a delayed
	cvs update in the docroot.
	#!/bin/sh
	SITE=$1;shift
	$CVSROOT/CVSROOT/log_accum.pl $@
	# Need to detachs to allow the lock
	# to return
	(
        	sleep 5
        	cd /usr/local/www/data/$SITE || exit 1
        	cvs update -P -d
	) &

--g9SLTOtl000622.1035840571/mobile.webweaving.org--
ReSent-Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 22:31:58 +0100 (CET)
ReSent-Message-ID: <Pine.OSX.4.44.0210282231580.630@mobile.webweaving.org>