forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Tony Collen ...@hist.umn.edu>
Subject Introduction
Date Wed, 30 Oct 2002 04:58:11 GMT
Hello everybody, I'd just thought I'd introduce myself to the list.

Some of you know me from cocoon-[users|dev|docs], or maybe not since I
tend to lurk the list :)  I've been pointed here as a result of the
discussion about getting the Cocoon site (== forrest) into a table-free
layout.

I've started to look at Forrest, and from what I've gathered so far, it's
looking really interesting. Hopefully I'll be able to bring any design
skills that I might claim to have into the Forrest project for the good of
the whole :)

For those who don't know me (probably most of you), I'm currently a
Computer Science student at the University of Minnesota, USA, and I've
been interested in Cocoon for about a year now... with any luck I'll have
something to show of all the stuff I've been learning in the past 12
months =]

As far as the project goes, what are the immediate needs?  Anything from
page layout to CSS writing, page design, XSL script writing/etc would be
fine.  I'd love to see the pages at xml.apache.org/* be brought to a new
level of usefulness and all around prettiness.

Best,
Tony

Tony Collen -- tc@socsci.umn.edu
College of Liberal Arts   University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, West Bank