forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Michael Edge" <>
Subject Re: Trying to get Forrest working
Date Mon, 14 Oct 2002 15:52:47 GMT

Thanks all for the help. I decided to download the JARs; much easier.

                      Ross Gardler
                      <rgardler@wkwyw.n        To:
                      et>                      cc:
                                               Subject:  Re: Trying to get Forrest working
                      14/10/2002 16:22
                      Please respond to

Morrison, John wrote:
> JJar requires web access and, since it's java it knows nothing about
> NT authentication.
> Question: can you access the internet via lynx or Mozilla?  If you
> can then you should be able to set JJar to also 'get out'.  If not,
> I'm afraid I'm unable to help.

Try setting the ANT_OPTS environment variable to -Dhttp.proxyPort=proy.port (replacing
the values as necessary).

This will tell Ant to pass the properties to the JVM and JJAR will pick
them up from there. If this doesn't work you are most likely behind an
authenticating proxy. In which case you have to manually downlad the
centipede stuff (once only) from

> Sorry.
> J.
>>From: Michael Edge []
>>I'm at work John, behind the corporate firewall. Not sure
>>about the authentication question.
> Information in this email and any attachments are confidential, and may
> not be copied or used by anyone other than the addressee, nor disclosed
> to any third party without our permission.  There is no intention to
> create any legally binding contract or other commitment through the use
> of this email.
> Experian Limited (registration number 653331).
> Registered office: Talbot House, Talbot Street, Nottingham NG1 5HF

in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

View raw message