forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Piroumian Konstantin <KPiroum...@protek.com>
Subject RE: feedback from adopting Forrest to renew my site with i18n sup port
Date Thu, 31 Oct 2002 15:16:36 GMT
> From: IAS [mailto:master@iasandcb.pe.kr]
>
> I renovated my site http://www.iasandcb.pe.kr with Forrest.
> What I've been focusing on is i18n support, and the site
> shows clearly how it works. You can download its source files
> at http://www.iasandcb.pe.kr/2g/ias-site.zip.
> Mainly I changed the following things:
> In sitemap.xmap,
> <map:serializer name="fo2pdf"
>                 src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.FOPSerializer"
>                 mime-type="application/pdf">
> -->     <user-config src="c:/java/ias/userconfig.xml"/>
>    </map:serializer>
> userconfig.xml and cyberbit.xml are for non-Latin-1 characters.
>
> In skins/ias-site/xslt/fo/document2fo.xsl,
> all the values of "font-family attribute are converted to Cyberbit.
>
> In skinconf.xml,
> DTD definitions for host-url element are added.
>
> As a result, the site displays not only Korean characters but
> only Japanese characters. Moreover, generated PDF files also
> display all the characters without broken ones.

Cool! I just like seeing all that unusual (for me) characters on the same
page!

A few questions:
	- Is your site going to provide content in multiple languages and
are you going to provide content based on the user's selected locale?
	- Would you mind to provide Korean and/or Japanese translations to
Cocoon i18n samples?

To Forresters: Shouldn't we support i18n? We could use a special 'locale'
input module (yes, I know that input modules are not yet finalized) for
content selection. And also, I have a new implementation of i18n transformer
that can do in-place translations (though, personally, I prefer to have
separate documents for text content).

Regards,
  Konstantin