forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Koberg" <...@koberg.com>
Subject RE: New Apache XML Site! :-)
Date Fri, 25 Oct 2002 23:01:28 GMT
This is exactly the problem a staging process is designed to solve.

You move from dev -> qa -> certified -> live

dev is what you are are doing now and then you go directly live.

A better process would be to promote the dev site to qa when you feel it is
ready.

qa has other people look at it. If they don't like what they see it goes back to
dev, if they agree they like what they see it is promoted to certified.

Some bot can come around and pick up the cert version daily (or whatever
interval). If nothing has changed perhaps the bot can skip it or just copy it up
to live because it is still the latest certified version.

There is plenty of involvement in cocoon's community to support the eyeballs to
qa (open to all??). Once the communtiy says 'good to go' or is silent then it is
ready to promote to cert to be picked up by the bot.

best,
-Rob