forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Bert Van Kets <b...@vankets.com>
Subject Re: New Apache XML Site! :-)
Date Wed, 30 Oct 2002 14:38:56 GMT
At 15:26 30/10/2002 +0100, you wrote:
>Jeff Turner wrote:
>
>>We really need stats on 4.x usage for xml.apache.org to make a good
>>judgement.
>
>In site-dev@apache.org they said that the pages *must* be easily viewable
>in lynx (text browser).
>
>So we should cater for *all* browsers, regardless of the %.

Lynx has nothing to do with the problems with Netscape 4.x.  To be able to
view html in Lynx you must make sure all images have alt tags and that the
structure of the page is ok (among other things).  Lynx skips CSS
entirely.  With Netscape 4.x you are very much restricted in the use of CSS
and even some html tags.  It's an entirely different story!

Bert