forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Bert Van Kets <b...@vankets.com>
Subject Re: New Apache XML Site! :-)
Date Mon, 28 Oct 2002 08:26:46 GMT
Thanks Steven!
It is a real kick ass feeling to see your work being used on a site like
xml.apache.org. :-D
I am very sorry not to be able to be more involved with Forrest at the
moment.  Payed work is taking all my time (and more than that too :-( ).

I will be back!

One of the things I am doing is technical editing a book from Andy King
(the man behind webreference.com and javascripts.com) about Web Site
Optimization for New Riders.  It's all about making the site as fast as
possible without compromising the content.  It involves CSS implementation,
HTML optimization, JavaScript optimization, URL rewriting, server side
compression, and a LOT more).  It's due in January.
I will rewrite the skin to use all the techniques described in this book
and still keep the browser compatibility we have today.  This can speed up
the site by 200% (twice as fast!)

One important question : Do we really need Netscape 4.x compatibility??

Bert