forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: 'broken links' under .. what .. circs?
Date Thu, 31 Oct 2002 15:45:05 GMT
Jeff Turner wrote:

> Oh well, at least they're phantom broken links instead of the real
> thing.

no, they're not.  they're real if the subdirectory is only mentioned
in the tabs.xml file.  which means to avoid them i need to list
them in the xdocs/book.xml menu, which kinda defeats the purpose
of the tabs..

> Despite many people's efforts, the Cocoon CLI still sucks badly.
> Driving Forrest is like driving a siege engine.. big, slow, liable to go
> bang at the slightest mistake.  That's why we want to abandon the Cocoon
> CLI for everyday editing, as described in other threads.

i'm new here and complete cocoon-unaware.  does the above mean
i won't be able to produce my site from the command line, but will
need to do it through some web interface?