forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Move part of Alexandria code to Forrest?
Date Wed, 30 Oct 2002 14:34:45 GMT
About javasrc in Alexandria...

dion@multitask.com.au wrote:
> How about placing it in Jakarta Commons. That way Maven could leverage it
> as well?

There is no need why Maven cannot use the version that is now in
Alexandria. It's public CVS, and builds easily and on its own with Ant.

I have already notified the Maven list that I was going to put it in
Alexandria, and I'd love to see it also as a Maven plugin, so it can be
done already now.

It was put in Alexandria because it was Alexandria's goal, but now it
should move.

Some Alexandria developers asked to place Alexanria (not Gump) in the
incubator, so I'll ask there too.

It will go in incubator or commons, but not in Forrest; in the meantime
please don't hesitate to use if from the Alexandria codebase.

Thanks all for the feedback.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -