forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: incubator project infrastructure set up
Date Tue, 29 Oct 2002 17:22:36 GMT
David Crossley wrote:

> I do not understand why people are seeing Forrest as only
> a webapp. I am one of the Forrest developers and i have
> never used it that way (though i gather that it is capable).
> If i want a dynamic publishing system then i would use
> Cocoon directly.
>
> Rather i use Forrest via its command-line methods and, when
> i get my act together, via the forrestbot. In these methods
> Forrest uses its packaged Cocoon.jar via Cocoon's CLI
> (Command-Line Interface).

that's how i want to use it.  since i have no knowledge of
cocoon, i can only quote the magic jargon that appears in
forrest's output files.  it mentions 'cocoon.'

so far so good, except now i'm having problems trying to
add tabs and subdirectories.  back to the docco..
--
#ken	P-)}

"Millennium hand and shrimp!"