forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject [RT] Move part of Alexandria code to Forrest?
Date Tue, 29 Oct 2002 14:21:29 GMT

Jakarta Alexandria has zero active developers, since I basically stopped
trying to reanimate it.

Forrest in part takes up what Alexandria wanted to be, but Alexandria is
also about cross-project javadocs and stuff, that Forrest isn't (yet?).

I'm talking in detail about the javasrc source code that has been
donated to Apache and that I committed in the Alexandria CVS.

It shows source code in nice html, all with links.
An example here: http://jakarta.apache.org/poi/javadocs/javasrc/
It's better on memory than Javadoc since it uses two passes instead of
putting all in memory.

You can find the source with a functioning build.xml in the alexandria
CVS in the javasrc dir.

What do you think, should this code migrate to Forrest, and Alexandria
codebase migrate totally into the Gump one?

This is just my neuron firing, I really want to understand what might be
the best thing, what do you think?

I thought it was better to keep Alexandria separate, but I tried and
failed already; there is no community there, and the code remains still.

I sent a mail to alexandria dev on this with no reply, so I'm seeking
your help guys.

Ideas?

               - verba volant, scripta manent -

             - verba volant, scripta manent -