forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: New Apache XML Site! :-)
Date Tue, 29 Oct 2002 06:38:02 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:

> Jeff Turner wrote:
>
>> We really need stats on 4.x usage for xml.apache.org to make a good
>> judgement.
>

> I'll try and make a browser usage analysis for the month of september. I
> would be using analog or webalizer - does anyone else has killer tips
> for log analyzers?
>
> </Steven>

I put up an analysed log of 1 day (3.868.269 requests, 271.678
gigabytes) on http://www.apache.org/~stevenn/browserstats/

I'm not a browser User Agent dictionary, it seems to me that the first
non-IE, probably-dated browser is identified by "Mozilla/3.01
(compatible;)", totaling 2.11% of that day. And Mozilla at 1.26% :-(

OK, that's one day, and due to the sheer size of these logfiles and the
current load-issues of daedalus I'm reluctant to run it across an entire
month's worth of logs, but this already learns us something.

The '10%' of older browsers on apache.org has been an urban city legend,
IMO.

</Steven>