forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: incubator project infrastructure set up
Date Mon, 28 Oct 2002 12:50:06 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> I'll try to help but it's difficult for me, since I'm on a flacky 9.6
> GSM connection and I can't check what is up on my home dir... if this
> mail still cannot help you, contact the forrest-dev mailing list for
> further assistance.

well, i was trying to run it on my laptop, off the network.  first, the
build of forrest required online access to download something from
krysalis.org.  dead stop. :-)  okey, so i tried again after going online,
and the forrest build seemed to work all right.  (the documentation about
setting FORREST_HOME seems a wee bit unclear about whether it's required
for forrest to run or not, and whether it shoul refer to the shbat directory
or the shbat/bin one.  oh, well.)

then i tried to run forrest and it complained about there being no ant.
so i installed ant.

 ran forrest again against your files, and it wiped them all and complained.
in not-too-readable-except-in-a-browser html, and i'm not sure what it's
complaining about.

i kinda assumed that whatever aspects of cocoon were needed were embedded
in forrest, but perhaps not.  so i downloaded cocoon.  looking at its
installation instructions, it says it needs tomcat.  !!!  this is getting
out of hand just to be able to work on a single web site while i'm on my
laptop!  (tomcat: cd sourceforge ; make all)

the prerequisites for forrest don't appear to be very well spelt out, so i
don't know what i might be missing.  if it needs cocoon and doesn't find it,
it would be nice if it would say so..

i *really* don't want to have to set up a complete tomcat installation just
to edit/build this small web site..
--
#ken	P-)}

"Millennium hand and shrimp!"