forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: New Apache XML Site! :-)
Date Mon, 28 Oct 2002 09:11:18 GMT
Bert Van Kets wrote:

> I just tested with NS4.79 on Win2K Server and had no problems.

Under Linux (and other Unixes?), it is possible to use some pages as a
browser crasher with NS4+. David can confirm this.

I agree with your position that the NS4 version should not be visually
identical, but we cannot afford to host a browser-crashing version of a
site on apache.org

Maybe we should do some more formal browsertesting. I have a Netscape 4
on Linux to offer (David too, I presume) - what we might need is some
other Unix-dialects (Solaris, Irix and HP/UX) and Macs, I guess.

</Steven>