forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Vladimir R. Bossicard" <vladi...@bossicard.com>
Subject Here we go again
Date Sun, 27 Oct 2002 04:24:15 GMT
I'm now following the "using Forrest" howto and I am rewriting the
Xindice documentation.

I don't know if I made a mistake, but the files I already wrote
suddenly disapeared.  I don't know if it is after a
"forrest seed" or one of my numerous mv/rm commands, so I will only
blame myself.

I started from scratch and have the following problems:

- I copied the Forrest howto directory in my project directory (I know
that I have problems with the howtos so I wanted to start with something
that worked).  I modify the tabs.xml with:

         <tab label="How-Tos" dir="howto/"/>

when the mouse goes over the link (in the index.html file), I can see
"http://localhost:8080/Xindice-documentation/howto/" but when I click on
the link the browser lands at "http://localhost:8080/howto/index.html"
and since the "Xindice-documentation" is missing, I have a "not found
resource".

- When I add "Xindice-documentation" I can successfully see the pages
but their content is empty.  The first page is ok (index.html) but the
individual how-tos are empty (the border, menus are ok but not the
content).  I already had problems with how-tos and taking the one from
Forrest unfortunately doesn't help.

- When I copied them into "xdocs/community/howto"... it works!

I let work on this one for the moment...

-Vladimir

PS: good job but unfortunately not ready to be used by everyone.  You
still need a lot of patience...

--
Vladimir R. Bossicard
www.bossicard.com