forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forrest uses 'old' version of Ant
Date Sat, 26 Oct 2002 22:52:47 GMT

Jeff Turner wrote:
[...]
> ;) Yes, as a programmer I agree it sucks, but there are counterarguments
> along the lines of "doc builders aren't developers, so shouldn't be
> expected to have Ant installed".

I am discussing about using Forrest in a project, and they just said
that having to install Forrest is a no-no.

They want to have all Forrest checked in with every site, so that the
doc writer can get from CVS, and run build.bat/.sh.

It has been discussed before, I agree it sucks, but it's what our users
need.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -