forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: how to update xml-site (Was: New Apache XML Site! :-))
Date Sat, 26 Oct 2002 09:44:20 GMT

David Crossley wrote:
[...]
> Thanks for your comments Steven. Yes, it was a rash action
> though i suspect that timeliness is good. Would we ever be
> "ready"? The best thing to do now is to get quickly back
> on track.

Also, we are not the content editors, so the site should remain as it
was before.

BTW, we are featured on www.apache.org now! :-D

YATTA!

> I gather that Ken has copied the xml-site/xdocs that we were
> using temporarily in the xml-forrest cvs. I will go and sync
> them with the original docs.

I have made some modifications like add a tip on how to use Forrest for
the site in the Guidelines, fixed a link, and had to make a change to
Forrest about the search box: it needs a domain name, not a url, and it
has been broken all the way long these weeks.

Quite startling given the time our site has been up 8-|

Anyway, I will delete the ones in our CVS (sorry David ;-) to eliminate
possible confusion.

> Ken you mentioned earlier that the forrestbot was "broken".
> Would you please elaborate so that we can help to fix it.

Ruby's bot that copies from CVS to daedalus that is.
It failed completely to add the images and skin directories, thus
resulting in the image problem.

>>It's not because this is a can-do-ocracy that we should do things
>>without enough consideration...
>>
>>Sorry if I seem pissed off, but that's because I'm currently lacking the
>>time to help you with it, and you preferred going solo anyhow.
>
> Well, the rest of us will be here to help. Please pop in
> if you get some spare moments, if not to "do" then at least
> to comment.
>
> Solo actions are also part of the community. Our job as the
> community is to put our strength and steering behind them.

:-)

BTW, I'll be basically offline for a week now, so please help the people
at commons and incubator to set up the site if needed.

Scott Sanders is helping with the commons one.

Also, when the Jakarta site transformation to Forrest DTD is done,
someone asked if we could propose it to Jakarta. The initial intention
was that we needed the docs at incubator for info on Apache, but given
the possibility, why not ask? ;-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -