forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: project statistics and graphs
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2002 12:40:15 GMT
David Crossley wrote:

>Hi Vadim and Forrest, I was scouring the mailing lists
>of Forrest, Cocoon, infrastructure, general, ...
>to try to find references to logfile summaries.
>
>I want to resurrect some work that was being done
>in Forrest a long time ago to summarise workgoup
>stats and other metrics. Essentially getting ready
>for when Luca et al add improved "chart" capabilities
>to Cocoon.
>
>So far, i have only found the reference from Vadim
>snipped below. How did you get those Vadim,

I made them. Log files are available from the daedalus (currently: only
last 2 month), and I wrote several snippets (in shell, awk and Java) to
analyze the data. Log file for a single day takes ~500Mb, or ~60Mb in
gzipped form.

I think the main problem here is to understand what do you want to get
from the log files (what kind of info) and then find (or write) a tool
to analyze the data.

Vadim