forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Integrating API and XSL docs into Forrest
Date Wed, 16 Oct 2002 11:40:34 GMT

Michael Edge wrote:
> I would like to integrate my application API docs and documentation generated from my
stylesheets into my Forrest docs. The easiest way I can think of to do this is use Javadoc
to generate the API docs, something like XSLDoc to generate the stylesheet docs, and then
use ANT to run Forrest and copy the API and XSL docs to the correct site location. Is there
a better way, or are there plans in Forrest to include application documentation?

This integration is being done for Centipede, because it makes it
possible to integrate other docs easily.

With Forrest alone it should be possible by "mounting" the external
resources in the URI space, but we haven't got to that yet...

Jeff, what about creating and putting a top-level matcher in the
pipeline that checks first if there is a mount point specified in a
config file, and give the static resource found there if there is?

Or maybe the linkmap stuff just would enable this.
Hmmm...

             - verba volant, scripta manent -