forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: New "Using Forrest" doc
Date Mon, 14 Oct 2002 21:22:53 GMT
Marc Portier wrote:

> or: maybe a silly idea, but if daedalus would allow for checking in a
> zip or jar of all the content in cvs (and unzipping that for us) instead
> of all the separate files...

Spent weeks discussing this with root & infrastructure@apache.org

We are able to do whatever we want (Nicola & I have accounts), but we
are 'on our own' - I'd rather go for a solution which can be reused by
other projects.

CVS as a staging mechanism for generated HTML seems like pretty strange
to me, but we should come up with a solid alternative.

> this looses the merge and diff's of course (but that is in our own
> repository and based on the xml), and blows up the size of the
> 'publishing'- repository I guess, but it gives a view on 'version of our
> site' in terms of a single consistent file to check out, and it requires
> less of a security and management hastle then...

Which was our case to the levels up - to no avail :-|

</Steven>