forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Portier <...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: New "Using Forrest" doc
Date Mon, 14 Oct 2002 21:18:23 GMT

Steven Noels wrote:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>> Steven, can we somehow make the bot do this every day or so?
>> Was it that a CVS import can be done multiple times on the same CVS tree?
>

> Not that I'm aware off, but I could try & check again. Don't bet too
> much on it, however.
>
>> What was the catch?
>

> Directories & CVS ... :-(

indeed: generating the needed 'cvs add' and 'cvs remove' stuff is
the truble, anyone good ideas? crawl trough the tree and get
sensible info from a 'cvs status' to make solid choices on each
level?

or: maybe a silly idea, but if daedalus would allow for checking
in a zip or jar of all the content in cvs (and unzipping that for
us) instead of all the separate files...

this looses the merge and diff's of course (but that is in our
own repository and based on the xml), and blows up the size of
the 'publishing'- repository I guess, but it gives a view on
'version of our site' in terms of a single consistent file to
check out, and it requires less of a security and management
hastle then...

> We could set up an rsync bot on daedalus running under one of our
> accounts, fetching the site from outerthought.net or cocoondev.org
> (which is more properly secured than ot.net for which I'm the sole
> sysadmin)
>
> </Steven>

-marc=