forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@wkwyw.net>
Subject Re: Trying to get Forrest working
Date Mon, 14 Oct 2002 15:22:05 GMT

Morrison, John wrote:
> JJar requires web access and, since it's java it knows nothing about
> NT authentication.
>
> Question: can you access the internet via lynx or Mozilla?  If you
> can then you should be able to set JJar to also 'get out'.  If not,
> I'm afraid I'm unable to help.

Try setting the ANT_OPTS environment variable to
-Dhttp.proxyHost=proxy.host.url -Dhttp.proxyPort=proy.port (replacing
the values as necessary).

This will tell Ant to pass the properties to the JVM and JJAR will pick
them up from there. If this doesn't work you are most likely behind an
authenticating proxy. In which case you have to manually downlad the
centipede stuff (once only) from http://krysalis.org/jjar/forrest.cent.jar

Ross