forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Bernhard Huber <berni_hu...@a1.net>
Subject RE: [RT] Linking revisited: A general linking system
Date Sun, 13 Oct 2002 22:25:53 GMT
Hi,

Robert Koberg pointed me to your posting about linkmaps,
as i have made some posting about "sitemap design - model and process"
in the cocoon-dev list,

Some implementation hints:
I think Cocoon already defines a lot of classes which you might
need for implementing your ideas.

org.apache.cocoon.components.source.impl.CocoonSourceFactory, and
org.apache.cocoon.components.source.SitemapSource implements the 'cocoon:' protocol.
org.apache.cocoon.components.source.URLRewriter allows some kind of URL rewriting
for the cocoon protocol.
URLRewriter is already the 'linkresolver.xsl' transformer step.

Checking the implementation of 'cocoon:' might help in your 'site:' implementation.

Next, the view 'links' in the forrest sitmap, generates some sort of a link map.

Moreover there are LinkStatusGenerator, and AugmentTransformer already in the
source which do similar things.

Some questions:

How does the libre concept of forrest fit into your linkmap concept?

You once noted that the sitemap becomes completly independent from
the filesystem, and it is possible to move all documents into Xindice
without changing the sitemap, where do I specify the the documents
should be read from xindice, and not from the filesystem.

Moreover should it be possible to mix xindice, and filesystem access?

I'm still conceptually a bit confused how linkmap fits into the overall
Cocoon sitmap structure.
The indention of a sitemap is to map from the uri-space to the resource content.
The linkmap gives a more fine grained control over the mapping behaviour, is
this correct?
What are the boundaries of the linkmap against the sitemap?

I hope I could help a bit....

bye bernhard