forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: newbie feeling my way into the forrest
Date Wed, 30 Oct 2002 15:11:42 GMT
On Wed, Oct 30, 2002 at 09:44:24AM -0500, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
> figured it out.  my xdocs/book.xml had this:
>
> <menu-item label="protodocs" href="drafts/" />
>
> note 'drafts/' instead of 'drafts/index.html'.  adding the
> explicit filename fixed it.
>
> fwiw, i think this is a buglet.  links of that sort shouldn't
> have to specify an explicit filename for the directory object;
> consider one with index.html.en, index.html.fr, and index.html.de

FWIW, I think this is a bug in the Cocoon CLI.  The sitemap has a rule
for handling directories:

<map:match pattern="**/">
  <map:redirect-to uri="{context:context}/{1}/index.html"/>
</map:match>

and it works in the webapp version.

I've added this to the todo list.  In the short term we could have a
Relax NG script check the book.xml files for this sort of non-obvious
thing.

--Jeff