forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: incubator project infrastructure set up
Date Mon, 28 Oct 2002 17:10:40 GMT
On Mon, Oct 28, 2002 at 10:37:37AM -0500, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
> > I don't know what files you were trying to convert
>
> a copy of cvs.apache.org/~nicolaken/apache-incubator/

I fetched it and built it without problems.  Attached is the output log.

> > eliminate Forrest itself, or any environmental weirdness, as a
> > cause of the trouble, one can type 'forrest seed site' in a
> > clean directory.
>
> no joy; same results.  let me see if i can get the meat out of
> the error messages in the high-bogon index.html..  here we
> go (extra blank lines elided):
>
>                          Cocoon 2 - Resource not Found
>    type resource-not-found
>    message Page Not Available.
>    description The requested resource couldn't be found.

Ah..

<feet shuffling>

.. did you get your copy of Forrest on Saturday/Sunday?  I'd fubar'ed
Forrest while trying to fix another bug.  Console output of a broken
Forrest was:

Setup... done.
Initializing... ready, let's go :-)
 * [0]
 -> [broken link] index.html <-
 disposing... done.

If that's the case, then you've found the culprit :-]  Sorry!

> this is the same (essentially, if not exactly) as in the index.html
> generated by the run against nicola's files.

> well, i have lots and lots of free time (not!), but i joined
> forrest-dev because a) it seems cool, b) i really need to learn
> some of this stuff, and c) maybe i can help out, if only by
> complaining from the pov of a newbie. :-)

Welcome aboard :)  One day you'll be able to tell your grandchildren, "I
was on forrest-dev _before_ Forrest took the the world by storm.  Back
then, idiots kept breaking the build... " ;)

--Jeff