forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forrestbot in dynamic webapp.
Date Tue, 22 Oct 2002 11:54:36 GMT
On Tue, Oct 22, 2002 at 12:12:00PM +0200, Carles Canellas wrote:
> Hello.
> We have started using Forrest to improve our site
> global aspect.
> For some reasons, we need a dynamic live webapp (under
>  Tomcat) instead of a static html pages. We have used
> the "war" and "webapp" options of forrest with
> success, and we are very happy with these features.
> Now we're trying to customize the forrestbot to cover
> our needs, to get the content via CVS and replace the
> xml xdocs in the deployed directory, but without
> generating static HTML pages.
> My question is: Before starting to look how works the
> ant build, and how to customize it... there's an
> standard way of doing it?

I don't think Forrestbot has support for webapps, though we'll definitely
need it for sites hosted on cocoondev.org.

> Someone has done something similar?
> If there's not standard way of dealing with that, I'll
> work in my own sollution and give it to you as an
> standard way, including the explanation in the docs of
> "Forrestbot"

That would be much appreciated.  Incidentally, are you planning that the
script restart the servlet container (Tomcat, etc)?  Tomcat 4 comes with
some <deploy> Ant tasks, and I have a Tomcat 3 equivalent, if it helps.

--Jeff