forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New "Using Forrest" doc
Date Fri, 18 Oct 2002 02:40:25 GMT
On Thu, Oct 17, 2002 at 01:04:25PM -0500, fallen wrote:
> hello,
>
> building a site using forrest.  i have seeded a directory with the new
> forrest dist build, however i am having a problem getting the forrestbot
> (sorry my terminology for this stuff sucks right now) to recognize and
> process .xml files within directories under xdocs.
>
> For example, it will not turn realms/index.xml into an html file, and
> reports it as a broken link.  the file is mentioned in the book.xml
> located in the directory,

In the xdocs/ directory, the realms/ directory or both? Typically it
should be in both directories' book.xml files.

> and the directory is mentioned in tabs.xml.  what criteria does the
> forrest bot use to decide what xml files to proccess and which to
> ignore?  this is my main point of confusion at the moment.

It processes all files that are <link>'ed to, or mentioned in book.xml.
So if your src/documentation/content/xdocs/book.xml has:

<menu-item label="Realms" href="realms/index.html"/>

and realms/ has book.xml and index.xml, it should all work. I can send
you a demo if you like.

--Jeff

(PS: forrestbot is something different.. you're using "the shbat
distribution of Forrest")